Software Engineer (Full-Stack)
At Lawmatics, our mission is to enable lawyers to focus on being the best lawyer they can be — to focus on the practice of law, not to worry about running the business of a law firm. That’s why we provide an intuitive, end-to-end client intake, CRM, and marketing automation platform specifically built for law firms and their employees. With Lawmatics, law firms win more business, impress clients, and are more efficient.
We are looking for an accomplished full-stack developer with proficiency with React.js (some TypeScript) / GraphQL, and Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL to help us build innovative SaaS solutions for law firms, author elegant code, and make a big impact on a fast-paced, growing engineering team.
In this role, you will develop user features, refactor existing code to scale with our growing user base, and collaborate with the team to come up with creative solutions to meet the needs of the market. You will also build and improve components of the application’s front and backend to ensure it is robust, reusable, and easy to maintain.
What You’ll Do
- Develop new user-facing features using React.js / Ruby on Rails / GraphQL / PostgreSQL
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translate requirements, designs, and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Fix bugs that may arise and prevent them from happening again
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
- Thorough understanding of modern React.js and its core principles
- Proficiency with PostgreSQL
- Proficient with ES6+
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with GraphQL is a plus
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Tokens
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to comprehend business requirements and translate them into technical requirements (and then implement them)
- Proficient with Unix, CLI, Git
- A love for unit and integration tests
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to thrive in a fluid startup environment
- Ruby on Rails
- Java with Springboot
- DevOps experience: AWS, CI, Docker
As an equal opportunity employer, we are proud to celebrate diversity and champion an inclusive workplace. No matter who you are, where you're from, who you love, how you think, or what you believe, all are encouraged to apply.