What is Legal Specialty Software?
Legal specialty software is a digital platform that helps attorneys retain clients with law firm marketing automation and manage client contact information, case notes, appointments, communications, billing, and more in one secure, central location. We'll explore the capabilities of this transformational technology in this brief guide. Let's get started!
What Does Legal Software Do?
Legal case management software performs numerous functions for lawyers and law firms, such as:
- Track time. Legal time-tracking software allows lawyers to capture more billable hours. According to American Bar Association (ABA) research, over half of all law firms recorded additional time after implementing legal time tracking software, and nearly 10 percent billed a minimum of 15 extra hours each month.
- Automate routine tasks. Irrespective of practice area, nearly every attorney spends a significant portion of their time on administrative tasks that are a tedious yet vital part of running a practice. Law firm automation handles these tasks so attorneys and legal teams can focus on clients.
- Streamline intake. Legal specialty software automates intake with customizable client intake forms, document request templates, automated appointment scheduling and follow-ups, and e-signature capabilities to take the headache out of client management tasks.
- Document management. Legal document automation software allows legal teams to use custom fields to merge data from matters and contacts and then auto-fill directly into your boilerplate legal forms to save hours on document creation, minimize errors, and help ensure the accuracy of all completed forms.
- Put marketing on autopilot. Lawyers want to spend their time practicing law, not marketing to prospective clients. Legal software solutions systems help them focus on engaging and nurturing leads with targeted messaging visual pathways, step-by-step templates, timed trigger action campaigns, and segmented follow-up messages.
- Manage billing. Generating invoices and accepting payments are among the most time-consuming tasks performed in a law firm. However, legal invoicing software automates billing to save time, allow for more consistent billing, and create a better client experience.
When equipped with software for lawyers, legal teams can work more efficiently, capitalize on new ways to create value from data, and provide superior service to clients.
How Can Software Make Law More Effective?
Even if your law firm has a system in place, cutting-edge legal technology provides many benefits. Here are some reasons why firms should invest in legal specialty software:
- Better customer service. With easy access to contact information, documents, notes, and other data, lawyers can build stronger relationships with clients.
- Stronger data security. Law firms must keep confidential client information secure. Specialty legal software safely contains sensitive data in one secure system – online and on-premises.
- Targeted marketing. Law firm marketing automation allows firms to Identify target markets and send automated communications to help them engage with potential clients.
- Valuable insights. When law firms can access analytics from a single platform, they can comprehensively view their operations and make data-driven decisions.
With legal software, legal teams can more efficiently conduct business – without letting anything slip through the cracks.
What Kind of Software Do Lawyers Use?
The most successful law firms use technology to work more efficiently and securely in an increasingly remote workplace. Some of the most common legal software systems for lawyers include:
- Lawmatics. The #1 legal software for growing law firms, the Lawmatics platform offers client intake, legal CRM, marketing automation, invoicing, document creation, and more in one straightforward system.
- Microsoft 365. Software as a service (SaaS) program Microsoft 365 includes essential business tools like Word, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, and more.
- Google Workspace. Google Workspace provides a word processor similar to Microsoft Word, which is a good option for attorneys whose work requires collaboration.
- LawPay. Lawyers utilize software solutions like LawPay to send out invoices and facilitate credit card and other online payments.
- RingCentral. All-in-one platforms for voice, video meetings, team messaging, and collaboration, like RingCentral, are popular with attorneys who favor click-to-dial functionality and one-click video conferencing capabilities.
- DocuSign. Electronic signature platforms like DocuSign makes document signing faster, easier, and more secure for lawyers and clients.
Lawmatics: Your Partner for Specialized Legal Software
All-in-one legal specialty software is an indispensable tool that helps law firms maximize operational efficiency, improve customer service, improve marketing results, and gain valuable insights into business operations to make data-driven decisions.
How do you keep track of your legal cases? Lawmatics is the best legal case management software available on the market. Are you ready to learn more about how Lawmatics legal specialty software will transform your law firm? Schedule your product demo today.